Tuesday, January 7, 2014

You WILL win!

Howdy!

I know it has been a good long while since I have updated my blog, but I have been super busy and just haven't felt inspired to until last night.

I was on Facebook last night and saw a link that my friend had posted and decided to watch it. The title was "How do YOU define YOURSELF?" It is a motivational speaker who has a medical condition where she cannot gain weight and as a result has been labeled "the ugliest women on earth."

Here is the video:


I want to say something in response to this because I am sure it hit close to home for you as it did for me. 

How many of you have ever been told that what you want to do with your life isn't practical and it won't make you money? How many of you have been told that your dream job isn't achievable? And how many times have you let those people win?

I want to tell you to STOP! Just stop! As Lizzie says in the video, we are in the drivers seat of our own lives, not your best friend, not your parents, and not anyone else, but YOU! It is up to you to decide what your life is going to be, and what you leave behind when you leave this world. 

I have heard more time than I care to count that my dream of this non-profit is idiotic and that I am not wise for doing it. I have heard that I am going to fail and that when I do, I will have nothing. Of course, that hurts to hear. Why wouldn't it? But do I let it affect me? NO! NOt in a negative way anyways. I use it to push me forward and to be wood to the fire that fuels my motivation. 

In the video, Lizzie asks a simple question, how do you dine yourself? And I want you to answer this, and be honest. If its your friends, your family, your career, your religion, what is it? Is it what you want it to be? If it isn't change it! If you aren't following your dreams, do it! No one said it would be easy, but I know it will be worth it. 

There will be bumps and bruises and heartache along the way, but thats life. Heavenly Father sent each of us hear to learn and find joy and happiness! My challenge to all of you, since it is new year, this year go after your dreams, be yourself and find happiness! It's out there I promise!

I know without a shadow of a doubt that if you try to find happiness, and I mean actively try you will find it. I know this for a fact, because I have had to do it!

If you need help following your dream, let me know what it is, and I will do my best to help! If you ever need someone to vent to or just someone to be there, feel free to email me!

As always please feel free to contact me with any questions to comments. You can leave them here on the blog or you can Facebook or email me. My email address is teasha.adams@gmail.com and my Faceboook profile is: https://www.facebook.com/teasha.adams91

Remember that when life gets hard to keep moving forward and to…

Always Smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment