Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Who You'd be Today

Howdy,

The past few weeks have been quite an interesting journey for me. Actually, make that the past 4 months.  I have felt more emotions in those months than I have in the last few years.

It all started when I made the decision to go to the Temple for my church and make covenants with God. This was a life changing moment for me, and it was the easiest one I have ever made.

That being said, I didn't know how much it was going to impact me emotionally. Some things happened during the few months leading up to me going to the temple that I never would have expected to happen...

Let me back up just a bit and explain quickly what the temple is and why we, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, have Temples.

We believe that temples are the house of the Lord, and are the most sacred places on Earth. In temples we perform sacred and holy ordinances and make covenants, promises, with the Lord. These ordinances and covenants are what bind families together for ever. We not only do these things for ourselves, but by proxy for those who have already passed. It has been said that "occasionally in the Temple the veil between us and those on the other side becomes very thin" I know that this is true and that when we do work in the temple for those who have passed on they are with us.

If you have more questions about the temple and want to know more please feel free to ask.

Now you are up to speed...So I as I was preparing to go to the temple I had a mental and emotional break down. This happened about 2-3 weeks before and it was bad. I had completely fallen apart and it was because of one person, Brian.

Brian was and is one of the best people I have ever met. He was my best friend in the time that I knew him and on April 6th, 2010 he passed away due to cancer. I miss him dearly, and when I was having my break down I wasn't sure why I was having such a hard time with it.

I have generally gotten to where the pain of missing him doesn't hit me as much and I can be happy that he is no longer here. But that particular night in November, all I wanted was my best friend back so I could talk to him about all of my concerns and hardships.

This hasn't gotten any easier since then, and I am not sure why. I have guesses that its because a lot of our milestones as friends happened between September and April but that's all I got.

I often find myself wondering who he's be today if the cancer had never come back. I am sure that he would have served a mission for our church, and the Lord. He would have finished his degree and became an animator. He would have found an amazing girl to love and marry, and he would have been an AMAZING father!

But sadly, death tore the pages away of a story that hadn't even begun yet.

Some people tell me that his death shouldn't be hard on me, but it always will be. He meant too much to me for it to not matter.

I would not be who I am today, if it weren't for him, and I am grateful for that.

As always if you ever need to contact me please feel free to via email teasha.adams@gmail.com or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/teasha.adams91 and of course you can leave a comment down below.

Remember that when life gets hard, keep moving forward and...

Have Faith in Every Foot step!

Always Smile!




No comments:

Post a Comment